The 2020 general election is fast approaching. Below are some reminders and tips to help you to ensure your residents don’t miss out on the opportunity to vote in the upcoming election.
- Everyone is encouraged to check their voter registration status at www.votespa.com.
- Ask residents of Personal Care Homes and Assisted Living Residences if they are registered to vote or if interested in registering to vote in the upcoming election. Individuals who would like to register to vote can visit www.votespa.com to register online or to download a blank voter registration form.
- If a resident needs to update their registration, they can do so online at www.votespa.com until October 19 in order to vote in the November general election.
- Residents of Personal Care Homes and Assisted Living Residences can also apply online for a mail-in ballot, and all are encouraged to do so if they do not wish to vote in-person this November.
- Vote by mail is an important option for people who have health risks and do not want to vote in-person.
- COVID-19 should not prevent anyone from voting, but completed applications must be received in the county office by 5 p.m. on October 27.