People may not understand the various opportunities for employment in the Senior Living Industry. Personal Care and Assisted Living communities operate as a cross between hospitality and healthcare with services that include assistance with healthcare, housekeeping, laundry, activity programs and restaurant quality meals.
Careers opportunities include:
- Business Leadership: Management, Finance, Hospitality, Sales and Marketing
- Culinary and Dining Services: Dietary Managers, Chef, Dishwashers, Servers
- Clinical Professionals: RN, LPN, CNA, Social Workers, Certified Medication Aides, Caregivers
- Building Maintenance: General Repairs, HVAC, General Building Maintenance, Life Safety
- Human Resources: Generalist to Manager
- Engagement Programing: Activities Directors to Assistants
This page offers potential employees the opportunity to research the job postings of PALA Members.
PALA has coordinated with Argentum for Apprenticeship programs through the PA Department of Labor and Industry.
Argentum’s Women in Leadership initiative, first announced in October 2018, is designed to celebrate the contributions women have made to the senior living industry and to create a pathway to the future by forming opportunities for more women to attain leadership and executive-level positions.
PALA 2023 Fall Conference Venue: Wyndham Gettysburg Where: 95 Presidential Circle Gettysburg, PA 17325
PALA 2024 Spring Conference Venue: The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center Where: 215 Innovation Boulevard, State College, PA 16803